NESBReC offers a range of data services to its commercial users. Data searches can be tailored by choosing from the following items. A specification of buffer size is also required, e.g. 100m, 500m, 1km, 2km etc.
NOTE: A full standard data search includes all of the items below apart from All Species.
To send us a data query please complete and return the Data Request Form (see panel).
- Designated Species: Records of any species included in the Scottish Biodiversity List (2008). Also includes any North East Local Biodiversity Action Plan Species.
- All Species: All species records held, including common and widespread species.
- SelectedSpecies: Records of selected species as specified by the user.
- Statutory designations: National Nature Reserve, RAMSAR, Site of Special Scientific Interest, Special Protection Area, Special Area of Conservation, National Parks
- Local designations: non-statutory designations such as Local Nature Reserves, Study of Environmentally Sensitive Areas and District Wildlife Sites
- Habitats: A variety of habitat datasets ranging from national studies to locally commissioned surveys such as Integrated Habitats System (IHS) habitat survey data and Phase 1 habitat survey data.
Once we have received your Data Request Form, we will contact you to discuss your data search request and provide you with an estimated cost for carrying out the work. Alternatively, telephone us directly on 01224 273633 to discuss your requirements.
Charges for Data Search Reports
As a not-for-profit organisation NESBReC does not charge for the data but an administration fee to cover the staff time in processing the data request. Each data search is assessed individually and will be costed accordingly. The size of the search area is usually the main factor involved – the larger the area, the more time it takes to carry out and compile the data search.